How can I become a volunteer?
Contact the school office, speak to a teacher or school leadership about the varied opportunities – then see our front office staff to register your interest, and collect your Volunteers Information Pack.
Before you start, you will need to
To help ensure the physical and emotional safety of not only the children at St Gabriel’s but of you as a volunteer, you will need to:
- Fill in the CESA Volunteer Application Package and Volunteer Declaration.
- Show us your Working With Children Check (WWCC). Don’t worry of you do not have one, our front office staff will apply for one on your behalf.
- Complete a short on-line course on Responding to the Risk of Harm, Abuse and Neglect: Education and Care’ (RRHAN-EC) – also free and can be done at home.
- Read through the Volunteer Handbook and Induction PowerPoint.
- Finish the process with brief on-site induction.